Farm and Agriculture Resources for Media (FARM)
Why are media & public relations important for farmers?
The personal stories of farmers form the authentic and compelling heartbeat of the sustainable agriculture movement. By sharing your story and farm experiences effectively and strategically with various media outlets, you will:
- Increase visibility of your farm
- Add credibility to your operations
- Enhance your image
- Bring in new business without having to spend a cent
- Help further the national sustainable agriculture movement
FARM (Farm & Agriculture Resources for Farmers) is a NSAC initiative that helps connect the farmer’s voice to the media and supports farmers with media training. The resources below are designed to help farmers share their story:
- Share your Farm Story – Media & Public Relations Tool Kit for Farmers (includes worksheets and tips on generating press coverage, writing a press release, and more)
- Media Training Webinar - Share Your Farm Story: Tools and Tactics to Market Your Business and Connect with Media (One hour/on-line session: Facilitated by Lisa Kivirist, Coordinator of FARM.)
- NSAC FARM Database - Join our FARM media database, an internal NSAC database of farmers in sustainable agriculture from across the country who are available to reply to media inquiries as they come up specific to your background and business.
If you’re interested in participating, as a first step, please complete this quick Farm Profile here. We will be in touch with more information.
This database will not be public on the NSAC website. Communication will be via e-mail or phone with you individually as timely opportunities arise. Your info will not be sold, exchanged or used for other purposes outside of NSAC.
For additional media-related questions, please contact Sarah Hackney, Grassroots Director: 202-547-5754