Farm to School: Time for it to Take Root in Every School!
October is Farm to School Month! There’s no better time than Farm to School Month to send over 550 messages of farm to school love and support to Congress! This month we are on Capitol Hill delivering hand-decorated paper plates that YOU crafted at National Farm to School Network’s Farm to Cafeteria Conference and at this year’s Farm Aid concert – thanks to everyone across the country who created a plate and thanks to the legislators who have been pushing for increased F2S funding and support in the Child Nutrition Act.
Farm to school has support from kids, parents, farmers, educators, and Congress – let’s keep working to get this bill done!
P.S. Have you signed on in support of our bill that would strengthen farm to school programs nationwide? You can do so here!
How Can I Get Involved with NSAC?
If you care about getting healthy food to everyone, protecting our natural resources, and supporting the next generation of American farmers, then you’ll want to get involved this year!
- STAY INFORMED: Sign up for Action Alerts on our homepage; this is our #1 means to communicate with people like you when it’s time to take action.
- GROW THE MOVEMENT: Share this page with your friends and family and ask them to join our campaign!
- TELL YOUR STORY: Are you a farmer who has benefited from – or struggled with – federal farm programs? We want to hear from you! Contact us to share your experience and potentially be part of our farmer storybank.
- GET TO KNOW YOUR LEGISLATORS: Do you know who your Senators and Representative are? Do you know how they vote on sustainable agriculture issues? Find out who represents you here; send ’em an email and ask them how they voted on the issues that matter to YOU.
- JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA: Did you know that many legislators really do read what folks share with them via Facebook and Twitter? Follow NSAC on Facebook and Twitter – and consider following your legislators, too!