What's Going on Right Now:
This week the Senate is at work on the 2013 Farm Bill!
Both the House and Senate Agriculture Committees amended and passed their draft versions of the 2013 Farm Bill on May 14 and May 15. Next, the full House and Senate will take up these bills for additional debate and amendments. The Senate is up first - they started debating the Senate Agriculture Committee's just-passed 2013 Farm Bill on Monday, May 20 and are still at work on it.
Sustainable agriculture champions in Congress have introduced several amendments that improve healthy food access, build strong communities, protect natural resources, invest in future farmers, and ensure real reform of commodity payments. These amendments MUST make it into the final version of the farm bill, and we need your voice to help make that happen.
If you care about getting healthy food to everyone, protecting our natural resources, and supporting the next generation of American farmers, then you'll want to take action on the 2013 Farm Bill this week!
Grassroots Action Timeline
- MONDAY, MAY 20: The Senate will take up the 2013 Farm Bill on the floor for debate! We'll need grassroots action all week - click the image above for a breakdown of what's at stake in the Senate version of the farm bill.
- Check out our FARM BILL AMENDMENT TRACKER to see the full slate of 2013 Farm Bill amendments NSAC is closely tracking! You can see amendments currently up in the full Senate - and how the votes went during earlier work in the House and Senate Agriculture Committees!
- Follow us on Twitter for late-breaking news.
- Not sure who your Senators are? Look them up here.
Where Are We in the Farm Bill Process?
Need a refresher on where we are in the 2013 Farm Bill process and how a bill becomes a law? Check out our handy infographic below: (Click for a full-size version!)
How Else Can I Get Involved?
- STAY INFORMED: Sign up for Action Alerts below - this is our #1 means to communicate with people like you when we need your help.
- GROW THE MOVEMENT: Share this page with your friends and family and ask them to join our campaign!
Sign up below to stay in touch through NSAC's Action Alerts and our Weekly Roundup of the latest news. We never sell or share your information!