The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) leverages the power of DC-based advocacy, public education, and grassroots voices nationwide to advance policies for a more sustainable farm and food system. We engage in advocacy work with legislators and administrative agencies in Washington, DC, while also building the capacity of our members to do effective grassroots organizing work. This synergy between a well-established DC office and a network of grassroots farmers and advocates participating through strong organizations is the key to NSAC’s success.
- CAMPAIGNS – Learn about our current major campaigns spanning a host of sustainable ag issues.
- ISSUES – Learn about the full range of policy issues we work on and why they matter.
- OUR PROCESS – Learn about our organizational structure and how NSAC involves its grassroots members in the policy-making process through these campaigns and issues.
NSAC works to reform and construct policies and programs that:
- ensure opportunity and fairness for small and medium-sized family farms;
- promote agricultural practices that conserve our soil, water, wildlife habitat, and energy resources;
- increase the ability of beginning farmers to enter into farming;
- encourage new and existing farmers to transition to sustainable and organic production practices;
- expand cutting-edge on-farm research and extension for sustainable ag;
- enable producer access to local and regional food systems;
- increase consumer accessibility to sustainably produced foods.