Every year we’re at work on many critical farm and food policy campaigns in DC and across the country with our membership. There’s room for everyone to get involved!
Our coalition’s current top priority grassroots campaigns for 2020 include:
- Agricultural Appropriations – Fighting for critical funding for programs serving working lands conservation, beginning and socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers, on-farm research, food safety, and more.
- Working Lands Conservation Programs
- Beginning and Socially Disadvantaged Farmers
- Local Agriculture Market Program
Additional 2020 priorities:
- Climate Change and Agriculture
- Small and Very Small Meat Processing Issues
- Farm Safety Net Program Changes
- Farmer Fair Practice Rulemaking
- FSMA and GAP Implementation
- Immigration Reform and Agriculture
- Sustainable and Organic Agriculture Research Programs
This list is not comprehensive: we work annually on nearly two dozen policy issues. View a fuller list of 2020 initiatives in PDF form here.
Visit our blog for the latest news on our work.