Farm Conservation Client Gateway Now Open for Use!
June 2, 2015
On Wednesday, May 27, USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) released their long anticipated online portal for conservation activities. This new Conservation Client Gateway, is a streamlined online approach to be used by farmers, ranchers, and private landowners who have or are looking to secure NRCS funding for conservation programs. This Client Gateway is a secure and efficient way for farmers, ranchers, and other producers to work with NRCS planners online and acquire assistance.
What is possible on the Conservation Client Gateway?
- Request NRCS technical and financial assistance
- Complete and sign conversation program applications
- Review and sign conservation plans and contracts
- Track payments for a requested conservation program
- Track conservation progress and request documentation of completed practices
- Report practice completion
- Obtain and store financial and technical documents and files
What type of information can be accessed in the online Gateway?
- NRCS Financial Assistance Conservation Program applications submitted during the current fiscal year
- NRCS Financial Assistance Conservation Program active contracts
- Conservation Plans connected with an active NRCS Financial Assistance Conservation Program contract (specifically the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) or the Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP))
This NRCS online portal will allow users to make fewer trips to their local field office and will allow individuals to complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner online. NRCS staff will be able to focus more on the users’ resource opportunities rather than paperwork by working with users through the online Gateway.
In order to access the Client Gateway, two steps are required for new users:
- Confirm your Service Center Information Management System (SCIMS) record – confirm that you have a SCIMS record that is linked to an email address by contacting your local USDA Service Center.
- Obtain a Level 2 eAuth Account – create your Level 2eAuth account that is linked to your SCIMS record by visiting the USDA eAuthentication Service website.
Access the Conservation Client Gateway here, and read more about the benefits of this innovative conservation resource.
Conservation, Energy & Environment