Risk Management Education and Outreach Partnerships Program Request for Applications
April 11, 2012
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC), operating through the Risk Management Agency (RMA), has announced available funds totaling approximately $3 million for the Risk Management Education and Outreach Partnerships Program. The Risk Management Education and Outreach Partnerships Program is a competitive cooperative partnership agreement program that provides crop insurance education and risk management training. It aims to help agricultural producers identify and manage production, marketing, legal, financial, and human risk.
The program prioritizes educating producers of crops currently uninsured under Federal crop insurance, specialty crops, and underserved commodities, including livestock and forage. It also prioritizes collaborative outreach and assistance programs for limited resource, socially disadvantaged, new and beginning and other traditionally under-served farmers and ranchers.
The minimum award for a cooperative partnership agreement is$20,000 and the maximum award is $99,999. The awards will be distributed on a competitive basis up to one year from the date of the award.
Projects must fall into one of the following Special Emphasis Topics:
- Insurance and Production: AGR and AGR-Lite insurance; Livestock Gross Margin Dairy; Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Rainfall and/or Vegetative Index; Common Crop Insurance Policy Basic Provisions (‘‘COMBO’’); Enterprise Units; Specialty Crops; Prevented Planting; or Other Existing Crop Insurance Programs; Irrigation; Erosion Control Measures; Good Farming Practices; Wildfire Management; Forest Management; and Range Management or other similar topics;
- Legal: Legal and Succession Planning or other similar topics;
- Marketing: Marketing Strategies; Farm Products Branding; Farmers Markets or other similar topics;
- Financial: Financial Tools and Planning; Farm Management Strategies; Farm Financial Benchmarking or other similar topics;
- Human: Farm Labor; Farm Safety; Food Safety, Risk Management Education
Projects must also demonstrate that education or training will target at least one of the following Producer Types:
- New and Beginning Farmers;
- Women Producers and Ranchers;
- Hispanic Producers and Ranchers;
- African American Producers and Ranchers;
- Native American Producers and Ranchers;
- Limited Resource Producers and Ranchers;
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Producers and Ranchers;
- Transitional Farmers and Ranchers;
- Senior Farmers and Ranchers;
- Small Acreage Producers;
- Specialty Crop Producers; or
- Military Veteran Producers and Ranchers.
Interested parties may submit applications online only via grants.gov. The deadline is May 24, 2012.
Beginning and Minority Farmers, Grants and Programs, Local & Regional Food Systems